Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau recognizes Erica Elizalde of Lansing’s Comfort Suites
information provided by Loren Petrakis-Mueller, Communications Manager for Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau
OAK LAWN, Ill. (October 11, 2017) – The Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau, the regional destination management organization for Lansing and 61 other suburbs, recognized its members, municipalities, and organizations for their outstanding service in the hospitality and tourism industries during Fiscal Year 2017.
The awards were presented at the CVB’s Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon Wednesday, October 11, 2017, at Hilton Chicago / Oak Lawn & Conference Center. CVB President / CEO Jim Garrett focused on the power of tourism for the Chicago Southland. “Each of us possesses the power to be a hero by making a difference in peoples’ lives every day,” he said. “From the staff at the front desk greeting guests, to the hospitality heroes behind the scenes that bring it all together—we helped in achieving 1.27 million room nights sold in Fiscal Year 2017.”
The annual Stars of the Industry Awards honor the work of exceptional regional employees:
- 2017 Administrative Employee of the Year: Kimberly Miller, Hilton Chicago / Oak Lawn & Conference Center
- 2017 Food & Beverage Employee of the Year: Maricela Gonzalez, Hilton Chicago / Oak Lawn & Conference Center
- 2017 Guest Service Employee of the Year: William Poe, Tinley Park Convention Center
- 2017 Guest Service Front Desk Employee of the Year: Erica Elizalde, Comfort Suites – Lansing
- 2017 Housekeeping Employee of the Year: Margarita Solorio, DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago – Alsip
- 2017 Manager of the Year: Norma Oliveros, Wingate by Wyndham – Tinley Park
- 2017 Restaurant Frontline Employee of the Year: Luis Del Rio, Allgauer’s Restaurant, DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago – Alsip
- 2017 Attraction Frontline Employee of the Year: Ashlyn Longoria, Hollywood Park Family Fun Center – Crestwood
- 2017 Restaurant Manager of the Year: Brandon Gravelle, Andy’s Frozen Custard – Burbank & Oak Lawn
Other awards included Award of Merit (Homewood Bat Co.), Linda Morgan Award for Volunteerism (Jeff Johnston), Patricia Chase Magon Municipal Leadership Award (The Village of Mokena), Senator Aldo DeAngelis Leadership Award (Tom Struzzeri, President/CEO of HITS Balmoral Park), and Member of the Year (Buca Di Beppo).
“Our winners today are heroes for the tourism industry,” said Sally Schlesinger, CPA, Executive Vice President for the Chicago Southland CVB. “Their tireless efforts inspire everyone to be ambassadors for our region, congratulations to them all.”
For more information about the Chicago Southland Convention & Visitors Bureau, go to VisitChicagoSouthland.com.
The Comfort Suites in Lansing is located at 2235 West 173rd St, Lansing, IL 60438, 708-418-3337.