Applications available through April 14; application deadline April 21
information provided by the Lansing, Illinois, Fire Department
LANSING, Ill. (April 6 11, 2018) – The Village of Lansing Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Probationary Firefighter/Paramedic. The starting salary is $55,452 plus benefits. Application packets were made available March 19 through April 14, 2018, at the Lansing Municipal Center (3141 Ridge Road). The Municipal Center is open 9:00am–5:00pm, Monday–Friday, with Tuesday hours extended to 7:00pm.
There is a non-refundable fee of $25.00 for the application packet. Applications must be complete and brought to orientation. They should not be returned to the Municipal Center.
The mandatory orientation session will be held at the Eisenhower Center at 2550 178th Street on April 21 at 11:30am, followed by the written examination at 1:00pm.
Oral examinations for applicants who pass the written examination are scheduled during the evenings of the week of May 7, 2018.
Applicants wishing to purchase a study guide or practice test to assist in the testing process can do so at https://secure1.cpshr.us/CRC3/default.aspx?ID=SOP45798. For technical support doing so, please contact 916-471-3538.
- U.S. citizen
- 21 years of age by April 21, 2018
- Under the age of 35 at the time of final eligibility list posting (This age limitation does not apply to current or previously employed full-time Firefighter/Paramedics from municipalities within the State of Illinois.)
- Valid CPAT card due at orientation; CPAT card considered valid only if dated between April 21, 2017 and April 21, 2018; Applicants who do not have a valid CPAT card should contact MABAS 24 at www.MABAS24.org (708) 607-2728 for testing dates
- Applicants shall be certified as Illinois Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter and Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic (EMT-P) at the time of application;
- Applicants must maintain and provide proof of their certification at orientation and original appointment
- Residency in the Village of Lansing within six months after the probationary period
- Successful completion of all phases of testing process
About the Lansing Fire Department
The Lansing Fire Department is located at 19300 Burnham Avenue in Lansing, Illinois. For more information, use the following contact info:
- Phone: 708-895-7400
- Fax: 708-474-7514
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.villageoflansing.org
About the hiring process
For more information about the hiring process, contact the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners: 708-895-7200.
To make sure you receive daily notifications about stories like this, subscribe to the online version of The Lansing Journal: