About the position
What they do
District 510 includes 18 villages, ranging in population from 1,532 (East Hazel Crest) to 56,831 (Tinley Park). With a population of 28,086, Lansing is the third largest village served by South Suburban College, so it is important for Lansing to have representation on the Board.
What they’re paid
Terms and meetings
The seven Trustees are elected to six-year terms. The South Suburban College Board meets once a month.
About the 2019 candidates
Lansing voters can vote for 2 of these 3:
- Anthony DeFilippo
- Vivian Payne
- Max Solomon
Short bios of the candidates appear below.
- 30-year member of South Suburban College Board
- ICCTA Service Award (2015)
- Former Regional Chair, Community College Trustees Association
- Master’s Degree in Finance
Anthony DeFilippo: “We will continue to be dedicated to our student and the taxpayers. Our students deserve an education that results in a meaningful outcome, and the taxpayers will not have to shoulder any undue burdens. Quality Education and Fiscal Responsibility are essential to all decisions we make.”
- Village Clerk, Village of Lansing
- Past President, Lansing Business Women’s Association
- Founder, first Village Beautification Committee
- 2018 Thornton Township Woman of Honor
Vivian Payne: “My commitment to the SSC Board has been and will always be to maintain a quality education for our students while being fiscally responsible to the taxpayers.”
No bio information provided