About the position
What they do
The Library Board hires and oversees the Library Director, who consults with the Board about programming and finances. The Library Board is responsible for reviewing the budget and approving all expenditures.
What they’re paid
Terms and meetings
The seven Library Trustees are elected to staggered six-year terms. The Library Board meets once a month.
About the 2019 candidates
Lansing voters can vote for 2 of these 3:
- Lillian Ball
- Geoffrey M. Erlenborn
- Judy Koch
A short bio of each candidate appears below.
- District 19 Director for Illinois PTA (2004)
- President of School District 171 PTA (2009)
- Secretary of Illinois State Board of Directors
Lillian Ball: “If given the chance to work side-by-side with the Board members to keep programs going or share my knowledge on how to further progress, that would be an accomplishment I would be proud of.”
- Retired Quality Control Inspector, US Steel
- Regular patron of Lansing Public Library
- 31-year resident of Lansing
Geoffrey Erlenborn: “As a homeowner and property tax payer, I am very interested in how the mechanics of the library work—in other words, how our tax dollars are being spent. I hope I can make a difference.”
- 12-year Library Board member, 10 years Treasurer
- Former high school teacher, TF North and Rockford East
- Current Director, All God’s Children Preschool
Judith Koch: “As a Library Trustee, I was privileged to be a part of the building of the new exterior of the library building as well as the transformation of the library interior, parking lot, and landscaping.”