Team members receive guaranteed entry to 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
information provided by Restoration Ministries
HARVEY, Ill. (November 25, 2019) – Restoration Ministries (253 E. 159th Street in Harvey, Illinois) invites area runners to join its 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon running team.
As a Chicago Marathon Charity, Restoration Ministries has guaranteed entries. Runners who join the team can avoid participating in the registration lottery and have a guaranteed a spot in the marathon. The marathon will take place on Sunday, October 13, 2020.
Restoration Ministries runners are asked to raise a minimum of $1,250 to help provide life-changing opportunities to at-risk, underprivileged children and teens living in Chicago’s south suburbs. Restoration Ministries operates a comprehensive youth development program that includes After-School Homework Help & Tutoring, a Kids Cafe, the Harvey Boxing Club, the Gallery of the Arts, a visual and performing arts education center, the Bread for the Head Reading Program, a Chess Club, Summer Day Camp and a youth leadership initiative. More than 400 children and teens participate in these programs.
As a part of Restoration Ministries’ team, runners will receive:
- Free registration—Restoration Ministries will pay the $205 fee
- Restoration Ministries Team Running Shirt
- Special encouragement and prayers during training
- Countless supporters cheering and praying for the team on race day
- Special Team Dinners in Restoration Ministries’ Kids Cafe
- A sense of accomplishment in not only completing the marathon but also helping local kids reach their potential.
- Fundraising support with a personally customized fundraising web page
- Social media support
- A Virtual Running Buddy—each runner will be paired with a child who participates in our youth program. The child will send emails, pictures, etc. to encourage the runner and will be on the race course cheering with signs.
After completing the 2019 Chicago Marathon, Zach Bush, one of Restoration Ministries’ runners commented, “I can’t say enough about this organization. I made the absolute best choice when picking Restoration Ministries as my charity sponsor for the 2019 marathon. They became like family and supported me more than I could even do for them! It made me want to train harder and race harder for all of them. If you need a charity for 2020, look no further.”
Registration for the 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon ends December 3. To join Restoration Ministries’ team and assure an entry, contact Karen Vrdolyak: