information provided by School District 158
LANSING, Ill. (February 14, 2020) – For children who live in Lansing School District 158 and who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2020, Kindergarten registration will open in early March.
All Kindergarten registrations will take place at Lester Crawl Primary Center (708-474-4868), 18300 Greenbay Avenue, Lansing, Illinois, on the following three dates only, from 9:00am–12:00pm and 1:00pm–3:00pm:
- For students in Reavis attendance area—Wednesday, March 4
- For students in Oak Glen attendance area—Thursday, March 5
- For students in Coolidge attendance area—Friday, March 6
At registration, parents will be given an appointment for their child’s Kindergarten screening, to be held between March and May, also at Lester Crawl Primary Center.
For three- and four-year-old children who live within Lansing School District #158, parents may register their child for a Preschool screening on or before March 20 by calling 708-474-4868. Preschool screenings will be held in April at Lester Crawl Primary Center.
Parents of children who will be three years old after April 1 and before September 1 may also register for
a screening to be held in the Fall of 2020 by calling 708-474-4868.
Screenings will include:
- Motor (Gross and Fine)
To register a child for Kindergarten and/or for a preschool screening, the child’s original birth certificate is required. In addition, three forms of proof of residency are required, including:
- ONE of the following—
- Real estate tax bill
- Signed current lease, including names of all residents
- Signed HUD I closing statement
- Mortgage papers, including Affidavit of Title (Warranty Deed or Trust Deed)
- * For Preschool screening, must also present Proof of Income
- And TWO of the following—
- Illinois auto registration
- Home/Apartment or Auto Insurance Papers
- Most recent utility bill (gas, electric, cable, water, NOT PHONE—two such bills will be accepted)
- Driver’s license or state ID
Make sure you subscribe to Daily News to stay informed about important school dates—