a Lansing Journal Journeys reminder
by Melanie Jongsma
MASADA, Israel (July 31, 2020) – Long-time friend of The Lansing Journal Ada Stovall spent Christmas in Israel, along with her niece, Leslie C. Smith. It was only this month, however, that she re-discovered the photos on her phone.
Stovall neglected to bring a printed copy of The Lansing Journal with her to Israel, nor did she bring up the online version of The Lansing Journal on her phone and include it in any of her photos. For that reason, these photos do not qualify as entries in our Lansing Journal Journeys feature.
They do, however, serve as a reminder that we still have a Lansing Journal Journeys feature.
What is The Lansing Journal Journeys?
The Lansing Journal Journeys is an award-winning feature that showcases people displaying The Lansing Journal in creative locations. We initiated the series because we are a community newspaper, and we like to see community faces in our pages and community names in our photo credits.
Most participants preferred to use a printed copy of the newspaper in their Lansing Journal Journeys entries, but printed papers are not a requirement. In fact, one of our most famous participants—El Primo Rafa—showcased The Lansing Journal on his iPhone:
Our last Lansing Journal Journeys submission was published in May, and it featured Jeannette Bottos celebrating her 100th birthday. She posed with a print edition, but you don’t have to be limited to print. Bring up The Lansing Journal on your desktop computer, mobile phone, or tablet, and snap a photo.
You can participate too
You don’t have to live in Lansing, you don’t have to travel to Israel, you don’t have to be 100, you don’t have to have a printed Lansing Journal—you can participate in the Lansing Journal Journeys feature. Just take a photo and include The Lansing Journal somehow.
Need some Lansing Journal Journeys photo ideas?
- Take a photo of your kids reading The Lansing Journal as part of their e-learning experience.
- Walk along one of the 9 places to walk around Lansing, and have a passerby snap a photo of you with The Lansing Journal on your phone.
- Visit one of Lansing’s restaurants for take-out, bring up The Lansing Journal on your phone, and have the waiter snap a photo of you in front of their sign.
- Have a family member take a photo of you next to your computer as you catch up on the morning news.
- Did you remodel your kitchen or update your landscaping during quarantine? Pull up The Lansing Journal on your tablet, prop it up on the counter or among the perennials, and snap a photo.
- Do your pets read? Get a photo of them with The Lansing Journal.
Send us your Lansing Journal Journey photos
Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us:
- The names of any people (or animals) in the photo
- Some information about the location
- The name of the person who took the photo
We’ll publish them online as soon as possible. And make sure you are subscribed, so you see your photos when they are published!