LANSING, Ill. (October 27, 2020) – The October 27 meeting of the District 215 School Board begins at 6:00pm. The meetings are only available virtually via Zoom. Click here for the link to the meeting. The full board packet and materials for the meeting, including all exhibits and other relevant materials, can be viewed here.
School Board meeting agenda
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- Freedom of Information Report
- Public Comment
- Building Reports
- SUPERINTENDENT’S REPORT
- FUTURE MEETINGS
- Committee of the Whole, Special Meeting: Weds., Nov. 18, 5:00 p.m.
- Regular Meeting: Tues., Nov. 24, 6:00 p.m.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES – OPEN & CLOSED
- Regular Meeting: 9.22.20
- Budget Hearing: 9.22.20
- BINA Hearing: 9.22.20
- Special Meeting: 10.14.20
- Committee of the Whole Meeting: 10.14.20
- NEW BUSINESS
- Community & Economic Development Association Agreement
- Crisis Plan 2020-21
- Letter of Agreement: Student Action Team & Connections Club
- Approved Activities List
- Land Transfer Resolution School District 158
- Resolution providing for the issue of not to exceed $18,000,000 General Obligation Limited Tax School Bonds of the District for the purpose of increasing the Working Cash Fund and refunding certain outstanding bonds of the District, providing for the levy of a direct annual tax to pay the principal and interest on said bonds, authorizing the execution of an escrow agreement in connection therewith, and authorizing the sale of said bonds to the purchasers thereof.
- CLOSED SESSION
- Personnel: Employment, Compensation, Discipline, Performance, or Dismissal for Specific Employees
- Pending Litigation
- Collective Bargaining Matters
- FINANCE REPORT
- PERSONNEL REPORT
The D215 Committee of the Whole meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 5:00 p.m. and Regular Monthly Meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. In-person meetings were held at TF Center for Academics and Technology at 1605 Wentworth Ave., Calumet City, but as a result of the pandemic, meetings are now being held online.
Open Meetings Act
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 215 posts agendas and board packets in the “Board of Education” section of its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings. Use the link below to sign up for the free daily email: