District 158 Board regular meeting – Feb. 17, 7:00 p.m.
LANSING, Ill. (February 15, 2021) – The February 17 meeting of the District 158 School Board begins at 7:00 p.m. The meeting will occur at Memorial Junior High School at 2721 Ridge Road in Lansing. Guests should enter the building through Door 19, wear a face mask, and observe all health pandemic safety requirements of the State of Illinois. Socially-distanced seating will be available in the East Gymnasium and North Multipurpose Room. The meeting may be watched virtually at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81283636880
- OPENING ITEMS
- Note: The Board of Education reserves the right to make changes as deemed necessary
- Pledge of Allegiance – Coolidge Student
- Roll Call
- Public participation
- BOARD CORRESPONDENCE
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of Consent Agenda
- January 20, 2021 District 158 Board of Education regular meeting
- January 20, 2021 District 158 Board of Education closed session
- February 9, 2021 District 158 Policy Committee meeting
- February 9, 2021 District 158 Buildings & Grounds Committee meeting
- Prelist of invoices to be paid
- SUPERINTENDENT’S AGENDA
- FOIA – IRTA, Memorial Parent, WLS-TV
- Choose Love Program
- Reopening Plan Update
- Finance Report
- NEW BUSINESS
- Policy Committee Report
- Buildings & Grounds Committee Report
- Approve the awarding of bids for the Lester Crawl Primary Center Maintenance Building Project to the lowest qualified bidders for a total of $400,265.00 as follows: Bid Package #8 HVAC to Quality Mechanical, Inc. for $194,980.00; Bid Package #9 Electric to Kreykes Electric, Inc. for $166,500.00; and Bid Package #10 Low Voltage to Tri-Electronics, Inc. for $38,785.00
- Set student technology fees for the 2021-2022 school year
- Closed session to consider information regarding the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1)); the semi-annual review of closed session minutes as mandated by Section 2.06 (5 ILCS 120/2(C)(2)); and litigation (5 ILCS 120/2(c)(11))
- Approve action from the semi-annual review of closed session minutes
- CLOSING ITEMS
- Miscellaneous items from Superintendent and School Board
Schedule and Open Meetings Act
District 158 meetings are scheduled for 7:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month.
The Open Meetings Act requires that “An agenda for each regular meeting shall be posted at the principal office of the public body and at the location where the meeting is to be held at least 48 hours in advance of the holding of the meeting.” District 158 posts agendas and board packets in a folder on its website.
Lansing Journal subscribers receive an email each morning with links to Lansing headlines, so they stay informed about items being discussed at public meetings, as well as news that happens between meetings.