The Lansing Journal earns awards for General Excellence, layout, photography

Six awards in five categories from AFCP by Melanie Jongsma, Managing Editor LANSING, Ill. (June 25, 2020) – I want you to be proud of your community newspaper. And I want to thank you for making this community newspaper possible. There are hundreds of you who support this work financially—through advertising or through donations—and I … Read more

ISVMA offers Fourth of July suggestions for pet owners

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (June 27, 2020) – In preparation for the Independence Day holiday, the Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association (ISVMA) encourages people to consider moving pets that are sensitive to loud noises to a quiet and secure area, far away from the fanfare that fireworks and party revelers enjoy during the celebration. “If you have … Read more

Annual LARC Golf Outing will benefit participants as well as clients

Registration deadline is Friday, July 31, for the Friday, August 14, event by Melanie Jongsma CROWN POINT, Ind., and LANSING, Ill. (June 26, 2020) – “Hosting an event on such a beautiful course may add a little slice of sunlight…into unprecedented times,” said Ernie Gonzalez, Executive Director of LARC, about the 2020 Annual Golf Outing. … Read more

Crisis fostering helps COVID-affected pets

Humane Indiana program proves successful during pandemic information provided by Humane Indiana MUNSTER, Ind. (June 26, 2020) – While many businesses and organizations have pivoted to virtual meetings and events during the COVID-19 pandemic, that option is not possible for Humane Indiana’s Shelter. In late March Humane Indiana’s entities temporarily closed—including the Animal Shelter and … Read more