Eateries in Lansing are making it easy for customers to order via phone or internet for pick-up and delivery
by Carrie Steinweg
LANSING, Ill. (March 16, 2020) – With Governor Pritzker’s dine-in ban announced Sunday, March 15, all dine-in establishments and bars were forced to close at the end of the business Monday through March 30.
The Lansing Journal reached out to Lansing dining establishments to find out what adjustments they have made. Many have added curbside pick-up or delivery to help make up for the lack of customers in their dining rooms. The alphabetical list below summarizes our findings.
(We hope to continue adding to this list, so please bookmark it and revisit it throughout the month in your efforts to support local businesses.)
First, don’t forget our local grocery stores
Cerro Grande Supermarket
- 19064 Burnham Avenue, Lansing
- Carry-out available. Open 7:00am–9:00pm daily.
Cerro Grande also has a small restaurant inside that offers take-out meals.
- 3315 Ridge Road, Lansing
- La Rosita Facebook page
- Open with slightly reduced hours— 8:00am–7:00pm all week
“If you know of anyone who may need assistance, please do let me know,” says Josefina Murguia, CEO of La Rosita.
- 3224 171st Street, Lansing
- Three Roosters’ Facebook page
- Open Monday–Friday 8:00am–7:00pm, weekends 7:00am–7:00pm
The only thing Three Roosters Grocery has sold out of is bottled water, and Manager Daisy Herrera doesn’t plan to restock that because it is too expensive. Their produce, meat, and canned goods are selling at normal prices, except in a few cases where vendors have raised the price and Three Roosters had to do the same. The restaurant in back of the store is still cooking food for take-out.
Herrera says store has reduced its hours in an effort to encourage people to stay home in order to help “flatten the curve” and get back to normal as soon as possible.
Local restaurants and bars that need local patronage
- 17859 Burnham Avenue, Lansing
- Open for pick-up and delivery Monday–Thursday 10:00am–10:00pm, Friday–Saturday 10:00am–11:30pm, and Sunday Noon–10:00pm
- 3524 Ridge Road, Lansing
- Order by phone or online for curbside pick-up, delivery, or non-contact delivery
Beggar’s Pizza has introduced contact-free delivery so that orders can be placed, paid for, and delivered without a customer having to come into contact with a delivery driver. After calling and placing an order online with a credit card, you can note a drop-off spot and the driver will notify you via text or phone when your order has been delivered. Curbside pick-up is also available.
- 1696 Thornton-Lansing Road, Lansing
- Carry-out available; normal hours are 10:00am–4:00am, but those may be altered, so call ahead
Boz Hot Dogs
- 2513 Ridge Road, Lansing
- Open 10:30am–6:00pm for carry-out orders
Buffalo Wild Wings
- 3720 Ridge Road, Lansing
- Curbside pickup; delivery through DoorDash, Grubhub, and Postmates; Sunday–Wednesday 11:00am–midnight, Thursday–Saturday 11:00am–1:00am
- 18349 Torrence Avenue, Lansing
- Open for carry-out with reduced hours: Tuesday–Saturday 5:30am–6:00pm, Sunday 5:30am–2:00pm.
Champions II BBQ
- 17659 Torrence Avenue, Lansing
- Open for carry-out or curbside service, noon-8:00pm daily
Dixie Kitchen and Bait Shop
- 17940 Torrence Avenue, Lansing
- Open for carry-out 11:00am–9:00pm daily
El Mariachi II
- 18331 Torrence Avenue, Lansing
- Open for carry-out or curbside pick-up Sunday 11:00am–9:00pm, Monday–Thursday 11:00am–10:00pm, Friday and Saturday 11:00am–11:00pm
Gayety’s Chocolates & Ice Cream
- 3306 Ridge Road, Lansing
- Still open 11:00am–9:00pm, for carry-out only. Patrons may not dine in the dining room.
J’s Peapod has two locations in Lansing:
- 19285 Burnham Avenue, Lansing
- 3212 171st Street, Lansing
Open for carry-out and delivery, closing one hour earlier than regular hours.
- 2455 Bernice Road, Lansing
- Facebook page
- Order by phone and pick up curbside daily; limited delivery available if needed; hours subject to change, so call ahead
Co-owner JoEllyn Kelley said, “We’ll be doing pick-up and delivery, so we’ll have someone answering the phone and cooking and taking the orders out, so at least we can keep some of the employees busy for the next couple of weeks. I’m really looking for Lansing to support us.”
They’re offering two soups each day, and they’ll be taking orders of quarts of soup to go.
- 17816 Torrence Avenue, Lansing
- Drive-thru open and delivery available Monday–Thursday 10:00am–2:00am, Friday–Saturday 10:00am–3:00am, Sunday 11:00am–12:00am
Kacey’s Restaurant/ACE Catering (at Lansing Knights of Columbus)
- 17800 Lorenz, Lansing
- See the Ace Catering & Banquets Facebook page for current menu. Carry-out, curbside pick-up, and delivery available Wednesday–Saturday 4:00–8:00pm
Lansing Country Club
- 18600 Wentworth Avenue, Lansing
- 708-474-7550, x4 for carry-out
- Open for carry-out Wednesdays and Thursdays 4:00–7:00pm, Fridays and Saturdays 12:00–7:00pm, and Sunday 12:00–6:00pm
The regular menu is available and soup specials. Pick up at the east side door (by the bocce courts and bridge).
Liang’s Garden Restaurant
- 17042 Torrence Avenue, Lansing
- Carry-out, delivery Monday–Thursday 11:00am–9:30pm, Friday 11:00am–10:00pm, Saturday 11:30am–10:00pm, Sunday 12:00–9:00pm
Lynnie Que’s Bar and Grill
- 3249 Glenwood-Lansing Road, Lansing
- Order by phone for curbside pick-up or delivery beginning at 11:00am, with closing time adjusted depending on demand
Lynn Cartwright, owner of Lynnie Que’s Bar and Grill, is offering her full menu and is well-stocked on corned beef plates that you can get warm or cold if you want to take them home to eat another day. “We’ll get form of payment over the phone and have change ready or take credit card info, and we’ll bring it out,” she said.
Like so many other restaurant owners, Cartwright said she doesn’t know what to expect, but she isn’t panicking. “It’s scary. I hope all the businesses can survive it,” she said. “But I think if we all work together, we can do this.”
She said she and staff will spend any downtime doing extra cleaning and in-house projects. “I’m going to make a positive out of it.”
- 3300 Ridge Road, Lansing
- Mancino’s has introduced curbside pick-up, with special parking spots designated on Ridge Road and Roy Street. Patrons should call in their orders, and staff will take credit card information over the phone. Call again when you arrive and are parked in a designated spot, and staff will bring your order and receipts. Cash payments are also accepted. UPDATED HOURS: Monday–Saturday 11:00am–8:00pm and Sunday 12:00–7:00pm, with the last orders taken 15 minutes before closing.
For now, any half grinder will be only $5.00 every day, all day long. “We are hoping that this offer will help all of those affected by business closings and layoffs,” said Owner Amy Todd. “We all need to help one another.”
One Trick Pony Brewery
- 17845 Chappel Ave, Lansing
- Through the end of March One Trick Pony will be open and selling beer to-go. Hours will be 4:00–7:00pm. Call ahead at 708-889-6683, and they can have special orders ready to go when you arrive.
“Four-packs and crowlers available,” says Caryn Malokofsky. “Brewing continues—be on the lookout for 13 PSI, Vigorous Rubbing, and Loral Canyon all coming up very soon.”
Ooowee Chicken & Ribs
- 18155 Roy Street, Suite 4, Lansing
- Open seven days a week for pick-up as well as delivery with GrubHub, Doordash, and Uber Eats: Monday–Saturday 11:00am–9:00pm and Sunday 11:00am–7:00pm
“I would like to thank everyone for their business,” says owner Avery Hall. Look for the Ooowee Chicken & Ribs coupon in the April print issue of The Lansing Journal—purchase a large meal and get a small meal for half price.
- 3651 Ridge Road, Lansing
- Open 4:00–10:00pm for pick-up and delivery; closed Mondays
Rico’s often publishes a coupon in the Shopper and The Lansing Journal.
Round the Clock
- 17601 Torrence Avenue, Lansing
- Open 24 hours for carry-out and delivery through DoorDash, Uber Eats, and ChowNow
- 3155 191st Place, Lansing
- Open for pick-up or delivery and can accommodate requests for curbside pick-up Monday–Thursday 10:00am–9:00pm, Friday 10:00am–10:00pm, Saturday 11:00am–10:00pm, Sunday 11:00am–9:00pm
- 3513 Ridge Road, Lansing
- Temporary hours: 10:00am–7:00pm, 7 days a week
The Ridge Road Subway is observing reduced hours until further notice to help keep the COVID-19 from spreading. They are accepting orders for pick-up, 3PDelivery, or TO-GO. “We do not have in restaurant dining at this time, but you can order ahead with our remote ordering app or on line at Subway.com for your tasty Sub Sandwich,” says Krista McSwiggan.
Taqueria la Soga
- 19267 Burnham Avenue, Lansing
- Taqueria la Soga Facebook page
- Open for carry-out only, 8:30am–9:00pm daily
Waldo Cooney’s Pizza
- 3622 Ridge Road
- Carry-out (one customer in at a time) and delivery are both available—order online or by phone Sunday–Thursday 11:00am–11:00pm, Friday–Saturday 12:00pm–12:00am.
Supporting local establishments
The dine-in closures will not only affect restaurant sales, but the income of those employed in the restaurant industry. Currently, the minimum hourly wage for tipped employees in Illinois is $5.55, so for those who may be able to continue working at restaurants in an alternate capacity, tips will be even more crucial as table-side service is eliminated.
Across the board, restaurant owners have been taking further precautionary measures with increased cleaning of facilities and wearing of gloves by employees. Some restaurants in the state have shifted to card-only payment, so it’s a good idea to call ahead of doing a curbside visit to verify accepted payment method.
If you are a restaurant owner who would like to add information to this list, please complete the form below.